terça-feira, 13 de julho de 2010

How long did you think it would take for me to mention your name?

Not this long, I think.
I'm not gonna mention your name, although we both know that this one is for you:


My absence is my gift to you.

I am being the woman I wanted the others to be

When I thought we loved each other.

But now.. now I am just another

Another teared up heart left forgotten.



It did not hurt to watch you walk away

Because I never thought you'd leave.

When you said "Whatever is meant to be will be"

I always thought you meant you and me.



But her toothbrush is now where mine used to be

In her womb she carries your child, just like I once did

Except for now,

It is yours for you to keep.

Because that's how you want it to be

What you never wanted with me.



I will not fight for you.

I will not look for you.

You will live the life I'd dreamed for us

with someone other than me

And that is my gift to you: me,

gone.



(...)





I hope you understand how much it hurts me to have to let you go

I deleted you off my life in respect towards your pregnant girlfriend

Because I was her once, in case you haven't noticed.

Eu espero que vocês sejam muito felizes, de verdade.

O meu amor por ti deixou de ser selfish há muito tempo...

Desejo a vocês tudo aquilo que eu sempre quis que desejassem a nós (mas que nunca desejaram).

Em troca, eu te peço que nunca mais cruze o meu caminho, que tu nunca mais toque no meu nome e que não tenha pena de mim.

Muitas vezes eu neguei o meu amor por medo de despertar em ti nada além de pena. Acho que depois de tal sinceridade, eu não sou digna de pena. Pois então não a tenha!

Make up for the times you hurt me, for the times you said you never meant to hurt me while still hurting me,

and let me go.

Don't ask for my friendship, because I can't give you that.

I am not that strong.

My absence is the only thing I can ever give you now.



Please stay in my past.





 Ps.

If we're granted only one true and genuine love in life

I'm glad you've found yours

But you will always be mine

The love of my life.







CLOSURE

At last.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário